Monday 9 May 2016

BIRCHBOX MAY 2016 - FOR THE DREAMERS

It's that time again where I get to share with you what I got in this months Birchbox! The theme for May is 'For the dreamers'. A box packed with beauty products to make you look and feel like a dream.

This months box arrived topped with a special silver coating - like the stuff on scratch cards. Three lucky subscribers will have a secret message underneath telling them that they've won a holiday courtesy of Destinology Holidays. I wish I took a 'before' picture, but I just couldn't wait to scratch off the surface to see if I was one of the lucky ones. Unfortunately I wasn't, but I still had a lot of fun scratching off every single bit of the coating. Needless to say, I did NOT have fun cleaning up the mess it made. I'd recommend doing this outside so you don't make a mess of your mums carpet like I did - lol!
First up is this make up blending sponge from Spectrum. Can we just start by appreciating the name of this product! I mean, unicorn tears?! How cute! I am a total sponge convert ever since buying my beauty blender, so I'm happy to add another to my collection. What's also good is that this month every subscriber gets to choose what colour sponge they would like. I chose purple so I don't get mixed up with my pink Beautyblender.

When I saw this in my box I instantly thought of Anna SacconeJoly. She literally always uses this when she's cooking meals, so I'm looking forward to trying this myself. What excites me more is that not only can this be used for cooking, but it can be used as a hair mask, as a moisturiser or to remove eye make up. A truly versatile product which I am excited to try out!

I was really hoping to get this in my Birchbox this month when I saw the sneak peeks. I am a massive fan of the Balm cosmetics, especially their eye palettes. This is a raspberry tinted cheek stain which also doubles up as a lip tint. The colour is quite subtle but it is buildable if you want that more intense pop of colour. Its quite a small sample which is quite disappointing, however it's a great size for popping into your handbag. I am so happy I got to try out this product!

I have never tried anything from this brand before but I have heard good things. This sorbet is packed with antioxidant-boosting benefits to really treat your skin. The gel to cream formula is designed to hydrate, reduce redness and soothe skin. I am going to give this to my mum as I'm not massively into moisturisers but I will be sure to update you guys on what she thinks of the product.

Next up is this body scrub made with ultra fine Chinese bamboo particles, white lotus and Yi Yi Ren extract. This stuff is described as 'a spa treatment in a pot'. I first discovered Rituals when I received a shower gel in my beauty box a few months back. If you're looking to invest in a luxury bath time treat, definitely try out this brand.

Last but not least, we have this hair balm from one of my all time favourite haircare brands - Philip Kingsley! This balm-to-serum formula is designed to tame flyaways and condition frazzled and dry ends. I'm all about sleek, healthy looking hair so I can't wait to see the results. This little tube is also great for using on-the-go so I will be popping this into my handbag.

So that's everything that I got in this months Birchbox. Once again, I am super duper happy with the selection of products and brands. 

If you would like to treat yourself to your very own Birchbox, use my referral link to sign up and you will receive 50 points (worth £5) to spend on anything in the Birchbox store. If you are a student and have access to Unidays, you can also snag yourself a massive 25% off of your first box.

Hope you enjoyed this post, 
Love Maddie x

No comments:

Post a Comment