Saturday 20 February 2016

MAC LIPSTICK COLLECTION AND SWATCHES



MAC lipsticks are a must for any girls make up bag! It doesn't matter what skin tone you are or what colour hair you have, there are plenty of shades to choose from. I love everything about MAC lipsticks, the range of colours, finishes and of course, that distinctive vanilla smell! 

I also think that MAC lipsticks are well priced. Each lipstick costs £15.50, so it's kind of in between the drugstore and high end price bracket.

My first ever purchase from MAC was a lipstick, which I got just after my birthday last year. 10 months later I have my hands on 7 gorgeous nudes! (If you are wondering why only 6 are pictured below, I have duplicates of Velvet Teddy!)


Mehr (Matte)
This is the darkest shade in my collection. It's more of a deep pink shade with plum undertones. I'd say its a bit similar to Brave but in matte form. Although it is a matte finish, it still feels quite moisturising and not at all drying.

Velvet Teddy (Matte)
Probably the most hyped about lipstick of 2015 thanks to the lady herself, Kylie Jenner! This is a brown toned nude which can be worn day to day and is perfect when paired with Whirl lip liner. I love this lipstick so much that I actually have 3 of them lol!

Please Me (Matte)
This has got to be one of my favourite lipsticks that I own. It's the most beautiful pink matte colour, not too bright and in your face. I am definitely going to repurchase this as it's nearly all gone! 

Faux (Satin)
This was my first ever MAC lipstick. It's a muted mauve-pink colour and is perfect for every day wear.

Brave (Satin)
Very similar to Faux, but slightly more rosier. It's a satin finish so it provides plenty of colour and lasts all day! This looks great when paired with Soar lip liner.

Shy Girl (Cremesheen)
Shy girl is the lightest shade that I own. Its a nude that has orangey under tones. I think this shade really compliments my skin tone. Shy girl is a cremesheen so it's really moisturising and glossy!



So that's it for my little collection. As you can see, my favourite finishes are Matte and Satin as they are so packed with colour! I am not as keen on shimmery and 'see through' lipsticks.

I have made a list of the shades that I'd like to purchase at duty free when I go away next month. I've got my eyes on...
  • Viva Glam II
  • Twig
  • Creme Cup
  • Blankety 
  • Hue
I'd love to know what your favourite MAC lipsticks are. If there is any that you would like to purchase for yourself, click here.

Love, Maddie x

No comments:

Post a Comment