Monday 7 March 2016

BIRCHBOX MARCH 2016 - WORD UP


Yesterday I recieved this little gift in the post.. my monthly Birchbox subscription! This months theme was Word Up! It's a beauty related, word searched designed box which aims to help you find your ultimate beauty discovery. Inside this months box is 6 luxe treats, two of which are full sized products. There was three different boxes this month, each tailored to your online beauty profile. I got the turquoise box!
So here's what was inside...



First up is this brow gel from ModelCo. After trying one of their lipsticks in Decembers box, I was really looking forward to trying this. I got mine in the shade Light-Medium. Birchbox sent out the shades based on your hair colour which you filled out on your online profile. The hair like particles create the illusion of fuller brows, just sweep over your brows and leave to dry for 60 seconds. 
I really love this brow gel and it's a much cheaper version of Benefits Gimme Brow so I will definitely be repurchasing this!

Philip B Drop Dead Straightening Baume (RRP £20)


Next we have this hair baume from Philip B. I have never tried any of their products, in fact I wasn't even aware of the brand before I discovered it in this months box. This silicone free baume helps tame hair and shortens your blow dry time. I used a pea sized amount on my hair last night and I am happy to say that it did help reduce some frizziness so I am really impressed.

Polaar Polar Night Cream (RRP £32)


This facial night cream uses ingredients that react with the light of the moon - COOL HUH? It gets to work whilst you sleep which is amazing because I never have the time to sit with masks and creams on my face during the day. I don't think I don't think it's worth £32.

Beauty Protector Beauty Wash (RRP £10.90)


When I saw this in my box, I thought "oh just another body wash" but after using it, I thought "this is great". It lathers up really well. The smell is nice, not too over powering and lingers on your skin after your shower. At £10.90 I won't be buying this, as I don't think its worth it for a pretty standard body wash.

Arrow Boost Colour Enhancing Lip Balm (RRP £11)


Next up we have this lip balm from Birchboxs own brand 'Arrow'. This has got to be one of my favourite products in this months box. The brand itself is vegan, cruelty-free and paraben-free so theres no harsh chemicals or ingredients. The balm protects lips and adjusts to your pH to create one that's totally unique to you. It's not really glossy and it makes your lips look healthy and moist. It is the perfect size for popping into your handbag. I will definitely be buying this again!

Number 4 Lumiere d'hiver Reconstructing Mask (RRP £36)


Finally we have this hair mask from a brand called Number 4. It is packed with soy protein and shea butter so you can just imagine how soft and sleek your hairs going to be after using this! I am going to save this mask for when I go on holiday because my hair tends to get really dry from the sun. I will be sure to let you know my thoughts after using this.


I am once again impressed with this months box, I got a selection of hair, skincare and makeup products and a few products from brands which I was totally new to!

If you would like to treat yourself, or somebody else, to Birchbox, use my referral link to sign up and you will recieve 50 points (worth £5) to spend on anything in the Birchbox store. You can also use the code GOODTIMES, after signing up through the link, to get 50% off your first box.

Love, Maddie x

No comments:

Post a Comment